January 2022 Motivational Astrology Forecast
By GiGi Astro Sosnoski: Keep Looking Up! Ltd. / Positive Skies Ltd.
** Empowered Beginnings! **
“The power you have is to be the best version of yourself you can be, so you can create a better world.”- A. Rickards
The term ‘empowerment’ means ‘becoming powerful’. It signifies taking charge of your life, developing greater self-awareness, acknowledging your strengths and weaknesses and being mindful of how you react and deal with situations around you. Focusing on what you can control — your attitude, having hope, drive, willingness to work through challenges and keeping an objective mindset all go toward increasing empowerment. As we enter a new year with fresh hopes and resolutions, know that the celestial energies for the weeks ahead are supporting your advancing empowerment!
Empowerment can come to us in many ways. It can manifest in our quest to know ourselves better, do more of what we love, make our well-being a priority, or by cultivating more creativity. It can be the result of improving life skills, challenging our negative self-talk, investing in growth or setting meaningful goals. Anything you consciously work on to improve your life can result in empowerment. The whole objective is to grow your self-confidence, strengthen self-belief, take control of your life and further life positivity — for ourselves and others. Despite having to navigate the many complications and complexities impacting our world, we can still empower ourselves and make this a positive and prosperous new year!
January helps us to work toward being the best version of ourselves for 2022. This month’s strong Capricorn influence assists us in staying on track with our goals, establishing productive habits, finding the disciple to advance our objectives, controlling our state of mind and finding the focus to empower ourselves. With the Sun in Capricorn, a New Moon in Capricorn, Mercury in Capricorn, Venus backing into Capricorn, Mars moving into Capricorn, and Pluto continuing to (slowly) move through this determined Earth sign, we are offered greater strength, fortitude and structure to support our empowerment goals! As a bonus, Jupiter, now in its co-ruler of Pisces, allows us to better envision what we want for ourselves and then help it to manifest!
Where can you find opportunities for greater personal growth, empowerment and fulfillment this month? Here’s your Motivational Astrology Forecast for January 2022:
(Astrology is your #1 tool for greater self-awareness, self-empowerment and self-activation! Having a Motivational Astrology Reading with me gives you personal knowledge and insight on how to make the best of what’s ahead for YOU in all areas of life! Gift yourself or a loved one with the information and awareness you need to make your new year fulfilling and successful with a Motivational Astrology reading today! www.KeepLookingUp.co.nz)
* Jupiter now in Pisces (Entered 29 Dec 2021) — We All Are One! Jupiter, the ‘Fairy Godmother’ planet has now moved into the sensitive and ethereal sign of its co-ruler Pisces! This marks a progressive period of expanded feeling, greater sensitivity and higher creative/mystical inspiration! It is also a period of further philanthropic outlooks, humanitarian efforts and feelings of ‘Oneness’ with the Universe! The next few months will emphasize our care of one another, greater equality, the breaking down of barriers and the growth of our spiritual selves. We are encouraged to focus on our intuitive natures and embark on holistic endeavours and look to greater healing — of ourselves, each other and our Earth. There will be an increased awareness of social justice, equal rights and improvements in wide ranging humanistic projects. As Jupiter moves through sympathetic Pisces, we’ll experience a “New Age” feeling of metaphysical growth and the chance to make positive changes in how we view ourselves and one another. We now have the opportunity to be more aware of the positive effect that we can manifest in our own lives while also being cognizant of the suffering of others and what we can do to liberate the oppressed. Jupiter will be in Pisces until 11 May 2022.
* 2 January 2022: Mercury into Aquarius — Creative Innovation! With the planet of communication moving from responsible and serious Capricorn into freedom-thinking and artistically-inventive Aquarius, a colorful window of opportunity for new innovation and greater self discovery opens wide! We’re now encouraged to free our minds, expand our views, connect with like-minded others and consider alternative ways of expression. Our analytical and inquisitive energy is magnified, igniting our inspirational visions while encouraging us to embrace unique concepts. Greater humanitarian, artistic and spiritual energy can now be felt as well, helping us to advance our personal and global goals for 2022! Mercury will begin a Retrograde cycle on 14–15 January and will move back into Capricorn on the 25–26th of January, going Direct again in Capricorn on 3–4th February 2022.
* 3 January 2022 (2nd in Europe/U.S.A.): New Moon in Capricorn — Planting Seeds! This first New Moon of the year assists us in strengthening the foundations of our lives by cutting out the time robbers and the money wasters. This is an ideal time to sort your stuff, get organized, set your goals and empower yourself by taking charge of your emotional needs. This is also the time to map out strategies for strengthening your security issues while getting details sorted on personal/professional goals. We are encouraged now to get real with our plans, move forward with our visions while cultivating greater patience, fortitude and deliberate action. This officially marks a time of new beginnings, advancement and the planting of the seeds for a better future harvest of our hopes and dreams! Set your intentions now for what you want to build for your year ahead! (Getting informative insights on what’s ahead for YOU with a Motivational Astrology reading can help you better manifest your dreams for this new year! Contact me to arrange your personal reading for 2022!) New Moon 12° Capricorn Times*: Where are YOU?: New Zealand: 3 Jan 7:35am; New York: 2 Jan 1:35pm; Chicago: 2 Jan 12:35pm; Los Angeles: 2 Jan 10:35am; Melbourne: 3 Jan 5:35am; Mexico City: 2 Jan 12:35pm; Buenos Aires: 2 Jan 3:35pm; London: 2 Jan 6:35pm; Zurich: 2 Jan 7:35pm; Santorini: 2 Jan 8:35pm; Singapore: 3 Jan 2:35am; Hong Kong: 3 Jan 2:35am; Cape Town: 2 Jan 8:35pm; New Delhi: 3 Jan 12:05am(IST); Moscow: 2 Jan 9:35pm; Dubai: 2 Jan 10:35pm).
* 15 January 2022 (14 January in Europe/U.S.A.): Mercury in Aquarius goes Retrograde — Mindful Reinvention! The first of this year’s three Mercury Retrograde periods begins today (lasting till the 3–4 February), helping us to review and readdress our visions for 2022. With the communication planet in the innovative sign of Aquarius, we have the opportunity for greater self-expression in both work and play. As Mercury starts its ‘backward’ crawl, it will revisit Capricorn, helping us to keep our eye toward what needs reworking, reconsidering or improving going forward — so a positive use of this energy! It is a very good time for looking inward, finding new awareness, gaining personal and universal understanding and embracing inner inspiration. As for the usual retrograde reminders: extra care is encouraged when it comes to agreements, contracts, negotiations, travel plans and your interactions with others. Change is in the air, so allow extra time, double check details, be patient and most of all: be flexible! Mercury will go ‘Direct’ in the sign of Capricorn 3–4 February.
* 18 January 2022 (17th in Europe/U.S.A): Full Moon in Cancer — Embracing Emotional Security! This large lunar energy in its ruling sign of Cancer helps us consider what’s needed for our emotional security in 2022. As we step into a new year, our feelings are strong, protective and caring of those close to our heart. Intuitively we embrace full understanding of what is important to us — friends, family and the foundations of our lives. This is a time when our focus is on keeping safe, secure and protected in our homes and with those we care about. We also feel a greater sense of nurturing, both toward those we love and toward our sensitive selves. We may be prone to emotional fluctuations and feelings of intensity now as this Full Moon is opposite our Capricorn Sun and Pluto. Use this occasion to honour our feelings while releasing fear or doubt. Its a good time to share thoughts and plans with others, allowing us to grow emotionally and encouraging domestic progress. (*Full Moon 27° Cancer Times*: Where are YOU?: New Zealand: 18 Jan 12:50pm; New York: 17 Jan 6:50pm; Chicago: 17 Jan 5:50pm; Los Angeles: 17 Jan 3:50pm; Melbourne: 18 Jan 10:50am; Mexico City: 17 Jan 5:50pm; Buenos Aires: 17 Jan 8:50pm; London: 17 Jan 11:50pm; Zurich: 18 Jan 12:50am; Santorini: 18 Jan 1:50am; Singapore: 18 Jan 7:50am; Hong Kong: 18 Jan 7:50am; Cape Town: 18 Jan 1:50am; New Delhi: 18 Jan 5:20am(IST); Moscow: 18 Jan 2:50am; Dubai: 18 Jan 3:50am).
* 19 January 2022 (18th in Europe/U.S.A): Uranus in Taurus goes Direct — Change Equals Opportunity! As the planet ruling change, revolution and innovation finally moves DIRECT from its ‘backwards’ motion, we’ll get a fresh view and see new innovations regarding our personal values, creativity, material goods, finances, food and general enjoyment. Uranus will seek to shift the security-conscious/money-minded principles of Taurus by remodeling the way we handle our resources, material wealth and investment interests. We can expect a new wave of economic innovation helping us to focus on being more authentic and practical in our approach to things. Shifting themes of how we view stability will certainly be highlighting our future, so expect change and be ready to adapt rather than fighting to hang onto the old ways! Remember: Change equals opportunity! Uranus will be in the sign of Taurus until 7 July 2025.
* 19 January 2022 (18th in Europe/U.S.A): The Nodal Shift — New Learning and Experiences! The nodes change signs every year and a half. This shows what we are needing to learn, understand and experience. The Nodes shift into the Taurus-Scorpio axis on 18 January (where they will stay for the next 18 months), helping us to break down barriers between ourselves and others, let go of certain aspects of our lives and welcome a new experience. The North Node in Taurus will show what we are drawing toward ourselves — pleasure, creativity and ‘earthy-ness” — a more natural, holistic, and enjoyable energy will be emphasized. With the South Node in Scorpio, we are pointed to what we need to release — materialism, selfishness, possessiveness, jealousy or what’s hidden.
* 20 January 2022 (19th in U.S.A): Sun into Aquarius– Transcend Ordinary Limitations! As the Sun shifts from stability-focused Capricorn into inventive Aquarius, we begin a fresh cycle of mental stimulation, liberation and new awareness. We are encouraged to express ourselves uniquely, to honour our individuality, and to embrace innovative concepts. This is a fortunate time for stepping out of comfort zones, focusing on humanitarian efforts and taping into a creative and innovative energy. True liberty grows out of freedom of thought, and our communications and connections with others bring greater understanding and alignment with the Universe. We are able to reach out with greater altruism and a true awareness that we are all One! The Sun will be in Aquarius until 19 February 2022.
* 25 January 2022 (24th in Europe/U.S.A): Mars goes into Capricorn — Getting Things Done! As the planet of action and drive moves into the sign ruling ambition and discipline, our energies are expressed in an ambitious, get-it-done, persistent and goal-oriented manner. It’s a time when we are very motivated, practical and realistic about our visions with a rather serious and assertive demeanor. This is a fortunate period for getting things done and putting our dreams into action! It’s a cycle of accomplishment as our need for security and stability are highlighted. We now honour our ability to put plans into place and work hard to make them pay off. Resourcefulness, discipline and practicality bring our rewards to light. What area of your life can benefit from more disciplined efforts? Mars will be in Capricorn until 5–6 March 2022.
* 26 January 2022 (25th in U.S.A.): Mercury Retrogrades into Capricorn — Re-setting Your Compass! As Mercury, our planet of communication and travel continues it’s Retrograde motion in Aquarius, it backs into the serious and ambitious sign of Capricorn. We can use this time to rethink and rework our plans and goals so that they will better reflect the reality of our surroundings. This can be a favourable time for ambitious reflection, serious inner work and conscious contemplation. The Capricorn energy is one of discipline, determination and mindful direction, and when in Retrograde, we can revisit these issues in order to set a better course of action for our advancement. Working on issues of practicality and down-to-earth planning allows us to make the changes needed to get ahead. As we use this time to reset our compass to keep on course, we can find new ways to improve and empower ourselves for future success! Mercury will go Direct in Capricorn on 3–4 February and continue in Capricorn until 15 February.
* 29 January 2022: Venus in Capricorn goes Direct — With Knowledge Comes Awareness! For the past 5 weeks we’ve experienced Venus in Capricorn going Retrograde, which focused on love, relationships, money and values. We were urged to re-evaluate matters of the heart, finances, beliefs and attitudes. Now that it is moving forward in Direct motion, what have we learned? This is your opportunity to put your insights to use! As we move ahead, we can now get clear on our partnership vision, finances and creative goals for 2022 by understanding what did and didn’t work before. It’s great to know what we want from life but consider what can be contributed to make your relationships and all that you cherish even more secure! This is a fortunate period for seeing those in our lives more realistically and taking responsibility for what we value — within ourselves and our world! Additionally, this is an ambitious period for constructing creative endeavours, getting ahead with finances and improving connections in our personal and professional life! Venus will be in Capricorn until 6–7 March 2022.
* The Outer Planets stay in a sign for a longer period of time, so their effect on us is more gradual, but significant none the less. Here they are in their current positions:
* Jupiter is in Pisces: Jupiter, the “Fairy Godmother’ planet has just moved into the sensitive and ethereal sign of Pisces. This marks a progressive period of expanded feeling, greater sensitivity and higher creative/mystical inspiration! It is also a time of further philanthropic outlooks, humanitarian efforts and feelings of ‘Oneness’ with the Universe! This is a period emphasizing our care of one another, greater equality, the breaking down of barriers and the growth of our spiritual awareness. We are encouraged to grow our intuitive natures and embark on holistic endeavours and look to greater healing — of ourselves and others. This compatible Jupiter/Pisces pairing increases our artistic awareness, philosophical expressions and the need to serve the world by sharing our feelings of love and care with one another. There will be an increased awareness of social justice, equal rights and improvements in wide ranging humanistic projects. As Jupiter moves through sympathetic Pisces, we’ll experience a “New Age” feeling of spiritual growth and the chance to make positive changes in how we view ourselves, each other and our world. We now have the opportunity to be more aware of the positive effect that we can manifest in our own lives while also being cognizant of the suffering of others and what we can do to liberate the oppressed. Jupiter will be in Pisces until 11 May 2022.
* Saturn is in Aquarius: As Saturn, the planet representing responsibility, maturity and structure now traveling through the liberating sign of Aquarius, we’ll experience further concern for our society, each other and our life on Earth. Greater humanitarian, socially empathetic and altruistic endeavours will be forthcoming. This cycle will focus on gaining awareness of the importance of each individual, cultivating greater tolerance, broad-mindedness, liberalism and working toward a collective consciousness — shared beliefs and attributes that can unite us rather than divide us. A detachment from the old ways of doing things in favour of new innovation will also be seen. Additionally, new technological, medical and scientific advances will will mark this period along with new methods of working toward the betterment of society. Saturn is a teacher — helping us to grow through past mistakes, failures and hardships. By using the knowledge that we gain from these experiences, we can acquire greater wisdom, self awareness, patience and finally, advancement. Saturn will remain in Aquarius until 7 March 2023.
* Uranus is Retrograde in Taurus — going DIRECT!: The planet signifying change, revolution and innovation, is retrograding in the sign of Taurus which represents its opposite — stability, assurance and safeguarding! For the years ahead this Uranus/Taurus pairing will highlight liberation from the customary way of doing things in favor of new methods and inventive techniques. Also, as Taurus rules our personal values, creativity, material goods, finances, food and general enjoyment, we will see new innovations in these areas. Uranus goes DIRECT 17–18 January 2022 — bringing new light to the way we handle our resources, material wealth, mother nature, and investment interests. We can expect a new wave of economic innovation helping us to focus on being more authentic and practical in our approach to things. We will also experience further shifting themes on how we view stability. More change will certainly be a feature in our future, so expect change, revolution, fluctuation and acts of defiance. Uranus will be in the sign of Taurus until 7 July 2025.
* Neptune is in Pisces: As the planet ruling dreams and creativity continues its path through its ruling sign of Pisces, we are encouraged to honour more of our spiritual awareness, artistic inspiration and intuitive insight! Greater appreciation for the beauty around us as well as within us is also emphasized. We are urged to feel and express greater “we-are-all-one” compassion toward ourselves and others — along with further sympathetic understanding and involvement with humanitarian endeavours. Greater focus on our faith, spirituality and need for understanding of one another is highlighted! With Neptune in Pisces, we are helped to be more ‘in tune’ with our feelings, sensitivities and artistic side of our nature. We can also find further focus on our faith, future hopes, visions of a better tomorrow, spirituality and global understanding. Neptune will be in Pisces until 31 March 2025.
* Pluto is in Capricorn: As the planet of Transformation continues its travels through the sober sign of Capricorn, we reexamine serious issues and concerns regarding the positive changes we would like to make to ourselves and our world. The overall theme of this cycle is uncovering the misuse of power and authority to enable change for the better. It represents a major time of rediscovery, review and reconsideration that brings transformation to our society, government, world order and Mother Earth. It also pushes us to think about the changes we want to make to our belief structures and our power as individuals and as citizens of the world. Pluto will continue to be going back and forth in Capricorn until 20 November 2024.
* Chiron is in Aries: As the minor planet/comet Chiron, connected to the archetype of the “wounded healer” moves through the independent, assertive and aggressive fire sign of Aries, our identities are highlighted. During this time we’ll have greater opportunity to overcome personal obstacles, discover new strength, manifest healing and further self confidence. Chiron is said to act as a link between the conscious and unconscious and as such, can represent transformation in body, mind and soul. As we surmount challenges, we find greater empowerment, advancing our unique spirits while manifesting more of our dreams. Chiron will be in Aries until 2027.
*Blessings to You and Yours for an Empowered January! You are Loved and Appreciated!*
With Warmth, Heart and StarLight,
-GiGi “Astro” Sosnoski
Keep Looking Up Ltd. / Positive Skies Ltd.
World-wide Motivational Astrology and Motivational Coaching http://www.KeepLookingUp.co.nz and http://www.PositiveSkies.com
GiGi Astro Sosnoski is a New York City Astrologer, Motivational Coach, Motivational Speaker, Planetary Intuitive, Workshop Facilitator, Astrological Forecast Writer, Radio, TV and Multi-Media contributor who now lives in New Zealand. GiGi was first introduced to Astrology when she was 10 years old, and went on to turn her love for the subject into her life’s passion “Motivational Astrology”! Giving Astrology readings and Motivational Life Coaching sessions to thousands of clients, from all walks of life and from all over the world, for over 30 years, is what gives GiGi the experience, knowledge and know-how to guide and direct others successfully! As a Life Enthusiast, GiGi’s passion is sharing upliftment and inspiration with others using her Motivational Astrology. Encouraging people to get excited about their lives, abilities, relationships and their futures is what she does best! Contact GiGi to help yourself find greater awareness, confidence and further understanding of your true potential as seen in your unique Astrology chart! Motivational Astrology Readings by Phone, Skype or at GiGi’s Keep Looking Up offices.