“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing” — George Bernard Shaw
There’s an innocence in childhood that allows us to find joy in every day activities. In the midst of all our adult concerns we often discount ‘play’ as foolish or frivolous, and miss out on experiences that contribute to our sense of pleasure and well-being. Just because we have more responsibilities now, that doesn’t mean we have to make our existence all about work or worries! Now is the time to embrace the *Power of Play*! Use this July to reawaken your inner child to joyfully explore, engage and discover more ‘fun’ and laughter in your days!
Our leisure time in the connected modern world is spent on the computer, phone or TV, rather than engaging in having fun as we did in our youth. Try reflecting back to your childhood memories for clues to what you enjoyed. What gave you a sense of excitement regarding life and your future? It’s never too late to feel that exuberance again! Start now by implementing more playtime in your life — its a powerful catalyst for greater enjoyment, excitement and an enhanced quality of life!
In this new month we’re encouraged to look for the things that lift our spirits, inspire our imaginations and ignite our sense of wonder! Whatever your childhood definition of play, fun and frolic was, take some action this month to restore them! July’s strong Cancer-Leo energies prompt us to nurture ourselves and our inner child by finding more fun, play and enjoyment in our days. With Mars moving into tactile Taurus, pleasure is paramount, along with finding a greater zest for life and gratification in what we do! Jupiter in Aries going Retrograde this month also helps us to make adjustments to our hopes, wishes and dreams in order to bring more enjoyment your way! Allow this month to assist you in manifesting a renewed youthfulness with the Power of Play!
*What makes this month all about seeking more bliss?* How can you take advantage of the upcoming celestial powers to increase the delights in your world? Here’s my *Motivational Astrology Forecast for July 2022*:
(Astrology is your #1 tool for greater self-awareness, self-empowerment and self-activation! Having a Motivational Astrology Reading with me gives you encouraging personal knowledge and uplifting insight on how to make the best of what’s ahead for *YOU* - in all areas of life! Gift yourself or a loved one with the information and awareness you need to make your future fulfilling and fortunate with a Motivational Astrology reading today! Contact me for my July Special Reading offer! www.KeepLookingUp.co.nz & www.PositiveSkies.co.nz )
* 5 July 2022 (4th in U.S.): Mars goes into Taurus — Pursuing Pleasure! For the next six weeks, the planet ruling energy, action and ambition moves into the sign representing enjoyment, pleasure and prosperity! We are now encourage to embrace further determination in pursuing our plans for greater happiness and joyful desires. This is an important time to consider what you truly value in life — its not just about accumulated assets! Realize that YOU — your unique abilities, strength, courage, skills and your creative talents are the greatest resources you can possess! With Mars in Taurus, we get to advance our ambitions in slow, unwavering and methodical ways, as is the Taurean manner! Pursuing our dreams and manifesting our visions of happiness, bounty and gratification is also emphasized now. Mars in Taurus is very tactile — the touch, taste, view and fragrance of life is magnified now! Greater appreciation of the beauty, blessings and comforts of our world gives us deeper satisfaction and feelings of accomplishment in all that we are working toward! *Mars Blessings to You!* Mars will be in Taurus until 20–21 August.
* 5 July 2022 (4th in U.S.): Mercury goes into Cancer — Thinking with Feeling! As Mercury, ruling our mouths, minds and motions, shifts into the nurturing and sensitive sign of Cancer, our thoughts and feelings connect. This is a favourable new cycle for encouraging our inner voice to be heard and expressing more care and comfort to ourselves and others. Our perspective is more insightful, we consider things on a deeper level and we’re motivated by our intuition — all the while attempting to balance our heads and our hearts! It’s a good time to observe how we perceive, process and interact with loved ones while reflecting on what is and isn’t working in our relationships. We’re urged not to get stuck in the past, hold grudges or bring up old wounds. Instead we are prompted to move forward and find ways to bring further re-connection and closeness to those in our lives. For the weeks ahead we can better understand and perhaps find compromise in matters of home, personal needs, family and love. *Mercury Blessings to YOU!* Mercury will be in Cancer until 19–20 July.
* 14 July 2022 (13th in U.S. and Europe): Full Moon in Capricorn — Responsible Awakenings! July’s Full Moon in thoughtful Capricorn urges us to be more accountable for our actions, determined in our efforts and responsible for our well-being, as well as for our family, loved ones and community. But there’s a delicate balance in this Cancer-Capricorn polarity, which can represent a time of confrontation. With our feelings and sensitivities heightened as the Lunar energy connects with Pluto and opposes the Sun and Mercury in Cancer, stress is activated. The scales can easily swing to emotional rebellion against authority, especially if communications are restricting. Full Moons encourage us to let go of whatever is holding us back in order to make us grow stronger — so ask yourself: “What do I need to eliminate to gain greater freedom?” As we release the unnecessary we build greater supportive structures in our lives! Use this important occasion to consider your current circumstances by learning from the past in order to make positive changes to your future. By embracing knowledge that was gained from our experiences we can gain greater understanding, pro-active awareness and finally fortunate breakthroughs! *Full Moon Blessings to YOU!* *Full Moon 21° Capricorn Times:* Where are YOU?: New Zealand: 14 July 6:38am; New York: 13 July 2:38pm; Chicago: 13 July 1:38pm; Los Angeles: 13 July 11:38am; Sydney: 14 July 4:38am; Mexico City: 13 July 1:38pm; Buenos Aires: 13 July 3:38pm; London: 13 July 7:38pm; Zurich: 13 July 8:38pm; Santorini: 13 July 9:38pm; Singapore: 14 July 2:38am; Hong Kong: 14 July 2:38am; Cape Town: 13 July 8:38pm; New Delhi: 14 July 12:08am(IST); Moscow: 13 July 9:38pm; Dubai: 13 July 10:38pm.
* 18 July 2022 (17th in U.S.): Venus goes into Cancer — Creating Calm! Venus, the planet of affection, beauty and joy, finally leaves its stint in jittery Gemini and glides into soothing and sensitive Cancer! Today we begin a new cycle focusing on peaceful matters of the heart and sentiments of nurturing, serenity and harmony — for ourselves and those we love. Our spirits can now work toward growing further tenderness, empathy and cultivating feelings of protection, warmth and comforting reassurance. The ability to reclaim and appreciate our sensitivities, emotions and intuitions assists us in connecting with a more caring, loving and gentle part of our being. Focus on home matters, food, simple pleasures, the joys of life and those we care about are all highlighted! Also, this is a wonderful time for protecting and cheering on your inner child — be supportive of the unique YOU that *YOU* are! Honour your beautiful spirit by taking further care of your mind, body and soul — helping to strengthen the positive, peaceful and health-giving influences in your life. *Venus Blessings to YOU!* Venus will be in Cancer until 12–13 August.
* 20 July 2022 (19th in U.S. and Europe): Mercury goes into Leo — Make Yourself Heard! With the planet ruling our thoughts, words and movements advancing into the outgoing, fun-loving and assertive sign of Leo, the focus is on making ourselves seen and heard! One way we have of honoring our unique life path comes through our self expression. Our views of life, philosophies and individual visions are highlighted now as there’s more opportunity to share our unique energy with others! This begins a new cycle of utilizing our creative knowledge, dramatic ideas, sense of amusement and enthusiastic insights to advance our lives and celebrate ourselves and our connection with others. It’s a great time to get social, go with your gut and dare to be recognized for the sparkling spirit that *YOU* are! Speak up now with greater confidence, keeping inspirational in your thoughts and share your life affirming energy! *Mercury Blessings to YOU!* Mercury will be in Leo until 4–5 August.
* 23 July 2022 (22nd in U.S. and Europe): Sun goes into Leo: — YOU are the focus! As the Sun starts its month long journey through the outgoing and heart-ruled fire sign of Leo, we’ll have a full-on opportunity to cultivate more self confidence, self assurance and self awareness — and play! This is the cycle for focusing on *YOU* — your creative abilities, your expressions of love and your ability to feel secure enough to jump into exciting activities and expand into new adventures! The Sun in Leo can spark a time of exuberance, affection, artistic expression — igniting our hearts and playful spirits while lighting the way for more vibrant interactions. Use this Solar cycle to let your spirit sparkle, help your dreams to be realized and enhance your self discovery! Unleash your inner glimmer — honoring your personal gifts and abilities! This will bring you the acknowledgment, appreciation and recognition that you seek! *Solar Blessings to YOU!* The Sun will be in Leo until 22–23 August.
* 29 July 2022 (28th in U.S. and Europe) New Moon in Leo — Light your Inner Flame! A fortunate new Lunar cycle unfolds now for feeling emotionally stronger, determined and passionate about creating and manifesting the future that you desire! This New Moon, which represents a fresh start, urges us to take action! In the sign of Leo, we find the creativity, confidence and courage that emerges from within the heart of our true selves! We are now better able to ignite our inner inspiration and take steps to advance our goals, pleasures and delights! This is an ideal time to set intentions that re-energize our artistic visions while growing our personal power. Allow this period of enrichment and enhancement to light your inner flame of joy, fun and abundance! Start implementing small actions today that celebrate your beautiful soul, reinforcing your commitment to yourself and your dreams! *New Moon Blessings!* *New Moon 5° Leo Times:* Where are YOU?: New Zealand: 29 July 5:55am; New York: 28 July 1:55pm; Chicago: 28 July 12:55pm; Los Angeles: 28 July 10:55am; Sydney: 29 July 3:55am; Mexico City: 28 July 12:55pm; Buenos Aires: 28 July 2:55pm; London: 28 July 6:55pm; Zurich: 28 July 7:55pm; Santorini: 28 July 8:55pm; Singapore: 29 July 1:55am; Hong Kong: 29 July 1:55am; Cape Town: 28 July 7:55pm; New Delhi: 28 July 11:25pm(IST); Moscow: 28 July 8:55pm; Dubai 28 July 9:55pm.
* 29 July 2022 (28th in U.S. and Europe) Jupiter in Aries goes Retrograde — Keeping On Track! Jupiter, the ‘Fairy Godmother’ of Astrology, representing expansion, benevolence and abundance, now goes Retrograde. In the outgoing sign of Aries, this backward movement won’t be as challenging as when other planets in Retrograde. It represents a time of making adjustments to your hopes, wishes and dreams in order to bring more enjoyment and fulfillment your way! It’s a time to be mindful of staying the course and keeping a healthy balance. Re-thinking our plans and views of the future and developing new ways of seeing situations can be expected. Aries wants to charge ahead and accomplish goals — right now — which is a great thing, but during this Retrograde time, being mindful of taking one step at a time is important. Don’t go overboard, watch excess (of anything!) and slow down to get things done successfully! Areas in need of revision and reevaluation will come into focus — especially issues surrounding extravagance, ego, hubris, wastefulness or greed. This is a period where we need to ensure we’re going in the right direction, taking time to make the correct decisions — and making sure these decisions benefit our rights, our freedoms and our individual actions! *Jupiter Blessings to YOU!* Jupiter will be Retrograde from now until November 23, 2022.
* The Outer Planets stay in a sign for a longer period of time, so their effect on us is more gradual, but significant none the less. Here they are in their current positions:
* Jupiter in Aries, going Retrograde on 28–29th July: Jupiter, the “Fairy Godmother’ planet is now traveling through the forthright and energetic fire sign of Aries! Jupiter, the planet representing expansion and prosperity will be advancing through the assertive and action-oriented first sign of the zodiac from now until October 2022 and then again from December 2022 to May 2023. The last time this planet/sign combination connected was June of 2010! This will give us an even greater feeling of optimism, enthusiasm, opportunity and the ability to advance our dreams and reach our goals! Personal growth, heroic efforts and bold advancement can now be had, along with the ability to overcome obstacles and feel more empowered! As we feel we can now see ‘The Big Picture” of our lives, we can forge ahead with our plans and implement our visions for a more fortunate future! Jupiter in Aries favours new initiatives, innovative enterprises, independent ventures and jumping into fresh endeavours. Faith in our abilities drives us as we feel a strong need to grow, branch out, explore our world and create exciting adventures! Just be mindful that it’s wise to plan your efforts with an exacting eye before jumping in — so remember to look before you leap! Balance and patience is important! Jupiter will be Retrograding from 28–29 July to 23 November 2022. This represents a time of reworking and revising our directions and plans in order to advance our goals and find greater fulfillment! Jupiter will be in Aries from now until October 2022 (Retrograding from 28–29 July to 23 November), and then from December 2022 until 17 May 2023!
* Saturn in Aquarius is Retrograde: Saturn, the planet representing responsibility, maturity and structure, traveling through the liberating sign of Aquarius, is now Retrograde. We will be revisiting and readdressing major society and government issues with greater concern for each other and our life on Earth. Greater humanitarian, socially empathetic and altruistic endeavours will be forthcoming. This cycle will focus on gaining awareness of the importance of each individual, cultivating greater tolerance, broad-mindedness, liberalism and working toward a collective consciousness — shared beliefs and attributes that can unite us rather than divide us. A detachment from the old ways of doing things in favour of new innovation will also be seen. Additionally, new technological, medical and scientific advances can mark this period along with new methods of working toward the betterment of society. Saturn is a teacher — helping us to grow through past mistakes, failures and hardships. By using the knowledge that we gain from these experiences, we can acquire greater wisdom, self awareness, patience and finally, advancement. Saturn will be Retrograde until 23 October 2022 and will remain in Aquarius until 7 March 2023.
* Uranus is Taurus: The planet signifying change, revolution and innovation, is transiting through the sign of Taurus, which represents its opposite — stability, assurance and safeguarding! For the years ahead this Uranus/Taurus pairing will highlight liberation from the customary way of doing things in favor of new methods and inventive techniques. Also, as Taurus rules our personal values, creativity, material goods, finances, food and general enjoyment, we will see new innovations in these areas. Uranus in Taurus brings new light to the way we handle our resources, material wealth, mother nature, and investment interests. During this transit, we can expect a new wave of economic innovation helping us to focus on being more authentic and practical in our approach to things. We will also experience further shifting themes on how we view stability. More change will certainly be a feature in our future, so expect change, revolution, fluctuation and acts of defiance. Uranus will be in the sign of Taurus until 7 July 2025.
* Neptune in Pisces is Retrograde: As the planet ruling dreams and creativity continues its Retrograde path through its ruling sign of Pisces, we are encouraged to honour more of our spiritual awareness, artistic inspiration and intuitive insight! As it is now moving ‘backward’, we will be refocusing and reflecting on greater appreciation for the beauty around us as well as within us is also emphasized. We are urged to feel and express greater “we-are-all-one” compassion toward ourselves and others — along with further sympathetic understanding and involvement with humanitarian endeavours. Greater focus on our faith, spirituality and need for understanding of one another is highlighted! With Neptune in Pisces, we are helped to be more ‘in tune’ with our feelings, sensitivities and artistic side of our nature. We can also find further focus on our faith, future hopes, visions of a better tomorrow, spirituality and global understanding. Neptune will Retrograde 28 June 2022 and go Direct 4 December 2022. Neptune will be in Pisces until 31 March 2025.
* Pluto is in Capricorn is Retrograde: As the planet representing Transformation continues its long journey through this sober Earth sign, it will be Retrograding until 8 October 2022. This is a time when we are readdressing serious issues in our lives as we seek to make positive changes to ourselves, our leaders and our world. The overall theme of this cycle is uncovering the misuse of power, greed and corruption to bring reform and grow our overall progress. It represents a major time of restructuring, review and reconsideration that brings transformation to our society, government, world order and Mother Earth. It also pushes us to think about the changes we want to make to our belief structures and our power as individuals and as a whole. Pluto will be going Direct in Capricorn on 8 October 2022 and will enter Aquarius 24 march 2023. Pluto will continue to be going back and forth in Aquarius/Capricorn until December 2024.
* Chiron is in Aries Retrograde: As the minor planet/comet Chiron, connected to the archetype of the “wounded healer” moves through the independent, assertive and aggressive fire sign of Aries, our identities are highlighted. During this Retrograde time we will work harder to overcome personal obstacles and strive toward healing past and current wounds in order to find greater strength and courage to overcome difficulties. Chiron is said to act as a link between the conscious and unconscious and as such, can represent transformation in body, mind and soul. As we surmount challenges and personal pains, we find greater empowerment, advancing our unique spirits while manifesting more of our dreams. Chiron will be in Aries until 2027.
Blessings to You for a Jubilant July! YOU are loved and appreciated!
With Warmth, Heart and StarLight,
-GiGi “Astro” Sosnoski
Keep Looking Up Ltd. / Positive Skies Ltd.
World-wide Motivational Astrology and Motivational Coaching http://www.KeepLookingUp.co.nz and http://www.PositiveSkies.com
GiGi Sosnoski is a New York City Astrologer, Motivational Coach, Motivational Speaker, Planetary Intuitive, Workshop Facilitator, Astrological Forecast Writer, Radio, TV and Multi-Media contributor, who now lives in New Zealand. GiGi was first introduced to Astrology when she was 10 years old, and went on to turn her love for the subject into her life’s passion “Motivational Astrology”! Giving Astrology readings and Motivational Life Coaching sessions to thousands of clients, from all walks of life and from all over the world, for over 35 years, is what gives GiGi the experience, knowledge and know-how to guide and direct others successfully! As a Life Enthusiast, GiGi’s passion is sharing upliftment and inspiration with others using her Motivational Astrology. Encouraging people to get excited about their lives, abilities, relationships and their futures is what she does best! Contact GiGi to help yourself find greater awareness, confidence and further understanding of your true potential as seen in your unique Astrology chart! Motivational Astrology Readings by Phone, Zoom, Signal or at GiGi’s Keep Looking Up! offices.